A place-names workshop was held in Llangefni on April 26 with the co-operation of Anglesey Archives staff. The focus was on collecting the field names of the ancient parishes from the time of the Tithe Commutation (c. 1840), namely Llangefni, Heneglwys, Llangwyllog, Tregaean and Llanddyfnan, to fill gaps in the record, as the names are not recorded in the Tithe index lists.
A number of enthusiasts visited the workshop during the day and recorded various names that are still alive in oral tradition. Several people brought maps containing names which could be transferred to our digital map. We are extremely grateful to members who generously contributed maps, stories and old place-name lists from their personal research.
Read more (in Welsh) about the workshop at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cymrufyw/39710281